|Have a question on this scholarship? Ask here / Go to the bottom of this page for comments.|
Name Of the Company : Allteck Line Contractors Inc
Company Location : Langley
Designation : Estimator
Country : Canada
Official Website : http://www.allteck.ca/Careers.html
Responsible for the accurate, timely preparation of full-cost estimates for high voltage Overhead and Underground distribution power line work, including materials and labour. He/she will be tasked with preparing and maintaining a list of suppliers, contractors and subcontractors, and establishing unit costs, labour rates, productivity factors and location impacts.
1. Study and analyze proposals received and follow Allteck’s identified process on proposal procedures.
2. Review proposal specifications and drawings to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate.
3. Identify terms & conditions in proposal that impacts project cost, productivity and schedule.
4. Participate and coordinate project risk and opportunity evaluation with executive.
5. Collect and compile costing and scheduling information for : Labour, materials, equipment, subcontractors
6. Utilize SME inputs and local knowledge to compile costs, labour rates, productivity factors and location impacts. Build estimate details and work with Proposals Team to compile bid.
7. Prepare and/or coordinate the preparation of full cost estimates high voltage OH and URD distribution work on conceptual, design-build or general tender work.
8. Present estimates and conduct bid review meeting with executives for approval.
9. Review and compile all final estimate packages to ensure accuracy and completeness, prior to formal quotation.
10. Participate in Q n A, prebid and discussions with management and clients.
11. Hand off awarded project to Project Manager & General Foreman and follow projects closely while supplying relevant information to project team. (facilitate prejob and handoff meetings)
12. Maintain files of working documents as back-up for estimate figures, including current (accurate) information on prices from suppliers through direct contact, sales brochures, price lists, etc.
13. Prepare and maintain a list of suppliers, contractors and subcontractors.
Education, Training & Experience :
Post-secondary degree or diploma in construction / engineering, or an otherwise related field or relevant Powerline Trade experience. Three (3) years of experience (minimum) in cost estimation is required.
Skills & Abilities :
** Ability to read and interpret OH and UG power line construction specifications, standards, blueprints, drawings, plans and profiles
** Mathematical skills and analytical skills necessary to do material and labour estimates including job cost reports.
** Ability to use commercial cost-estimating software to prepare cost quotes and bids., MS Project or Primavera P6
** Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (excel, word, etc.)
** Effective verbal and listening communications skills.
** Time management skills.
** Proactive in ensuring job knowledge is current.
Application Procedure :
We’re accepting resumes for all crew positions to fill the abundance of line work in western Canada. Allteck provides competitive wages, relocation assistance, and a comprehensive benefits package. Please submit your resume by email firstname.lastname@example.org or fax
Contact Postal Address :
Allteck Line Contractors Inc.
5363 – 273A Street, Langley
British Columbia, Canada, V4W 3Z4