|Have a question on this scholarship? Ask here / Go to the bottom of this page for comments.|
Name Of the Company : Cogeco Data Services Inc
Company Location : Toronto
Designation : Data Centre Manager
Country : Canada
Official Website : http://www.cogecodata.com/about-us-careers.html
Data Centre Manager :
Job Opening ID : CDS09-14 # Required: 1
Business Unit : Operations
Location : Toronto
Full/Part Time : F/T Hours: 35 per week
Regular/Temporary : Regular Salary Band: MT6
Union/Non-union : Non-Union Salary Range: TBD
Job Summary :
The Manager, Data Centre is responsible for developing, managing, and supporting the data centre within the company in accordance with corporate policy. The position also initiates, establishes, and manages vendor relations, supply agreements and make improvements to data centre operations and customer services. This includes evaluating the data centre infrastructure requirements and coordinating necessary resources to prepare space for new customers and equipment.
** University Degree or College Diploma in a technical or other relevant discipline.
** Minimum 5-8 years experience in data centres or facilities in a telecom environment.
** 3 – 5 years of supervisory experience is required.
** Ability to manage, develop and motivate staff.
** Proven ability to select, retain, and dismiss staff.
** Detailed understanding of Telecom service provider standards pertaining to Hub, POP, & CPE standards for electronics and Power etc. – NEB’s compliance etc.
** General network knowledge regarding TCP/IP and Ethernet networks.
** Understanding of ITIL
** Knowledge of standard provisioning cycles and workflow management.
** Knowledge of facility and network monitoring systems such as SCADA, BAS/BMS, HP Openview, DCIMs, etc.
** Knowledge of TIA cabling standards and best practices
** Comprehensive background using MSWord, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Project, and Visio.
** Knowledge and ability to understand electrical system designs : UPS, generators, transfer switches, and PDUs.
** Knowledge and ability to understand mechanical designs : HVAC, condensers, air flow dynamics
** Excellent prioritization and organizational skills
** Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
** Able to produce consistent and accurate reports for internal and external customers.
** Able to write documentation on processes and policies.
** Experience establishing budgets for operational expenses and capital expenditures.
** Experience in managing budgets to achieve the appropriate results
** Ability to handle multiple projects concurrently.
** Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
** Ability to handle escalations from internal and external customers on major issues
** Ability to demonstrate a strong appreciation for safety related responsibilities and work habits
** Ability to establish positive and productive working relationships with others in pursuit of common corporate goals.
Key Responsibilities :
1. Manage and direct the day-to-day operations in the Data Centre facilities.
2. Coordinate the planning and general maintenance of systems in the data centre facilities to ensure uptime.
3. Ensure that incoming equipment is received, logged and placed into inventory.
4. Coordinate and trouble shoot hardware installs (rack, stack, cable management, labeling) / decommissioning of servers.
5. Manage day to day work load for data centre technicians and supervise accordingly.
6. Conducting regular formal employee reviews and informal feedback discussions for all staff within their area of responsibility.
7. Recruit, coach and develop high caliber employees ensuring succession planning is in place. Provide leadership and mentoring of the Data Centre staff. Continue to drive evolution of a customer focused organization.
8. Create and manage data centre inventories, documentation, reports, and metrics.
9. Responsible for ensuring that there is on-call support and remote support as needed.
10. Evaluate data centre infrastructure requirements (rack space, network, power, cabling, etc.) and coordinate necessary resources to prepare space for new equipment.
11. Responsible for ensuring all customer requested work is handled appropriately according to service levels.
12. Manage customer tape rotation, including but not limited to packaging, labeling, logging and customer hand-off.
13. Coordinating repair and testing of faulty components.
14. Adhering to all safety regulations as per company policy.
15. Ensure physical security of all data centre facilities.
16. Develop, document and implement procurement processes in accordance with Corporate Procurement policies for assigned commodities and outside services.
17. Investigate and establish dependable sources for outside services.
18. Ensure compliance on problem resolutions with vendors that do not meet specifications or contractual commitments.
19. Prepare and maintain annual budget and provide monthly reports detailing expenditures and identify appropriate actions as required.
20. Ensure all required tool documentation/certification is current including warranty and calibration information.
21. Responsible for overall data centre policy and procedures administration, this includes creation and updating of policies pertaining to security, maintenance and other operational items under the data centre.
22. Responsible to ensure audit requirements are always adhered to
Application Procedure :
We appreciate receipt of all applications; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be acknowledged.
Applications and resumes must be submitted to :
Human Resources Department,
413 Horner Ave.,
Toronto, ON, M8W 4W3
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org